CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Banana Bar @ Hotel New Castle, Linking Road

How to get there: Get on to Linking Road, and keep going straight till you see a sign for 'Little Tomatoes' on your right. A little while after that is a home decor shop and a sign for 'Just Parathas' next door. Stop at Just Parathas, go inside and to the first floor.

What I like about Banana Bar:
1) You can SMOKE there--in the balcony area. I am so sick and tired of having to go outside each time I need a cigarette, which when I'm drinking is fairly often.

2) The drinks are relatively cheap and almost every night has a special buy-one-get-one-free before 10 pm.

3) The waiters always fix you exactly what you like.

What I don't like:

1) If you HAVE to sit indoors, on a day there are like three other people there, turn down the music. Seriously.

2) The bar snacks are meh. Nothing to write home about.

But Banana Bar remains a favourite for my friends and I--primarily because of its economic viability and the fact that you can smoke there. Plus fun 90s music on Saturday nights when you can actually get drunk and it doesn't seem so loud anymore.

Want a place reviewed? Want to review something yourself? Send me an email with the subject line DD review to thecompulsiveconfessorATgmailDOTcom

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin