CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wednesday Nights @ Del Italia, Juhu

How to get there: Get on to the Juhu Tara road, till you have the beach on your right. A little before the bus depot, take a u-turn and look on your left. If you get to the Marriott, you've gone too far.


* Called Daddy's Windsong Wednesdays, coz the proprietor likes to call himself "Daddy". Which is strange only because in Bombay it doesn't seem strange. We like our eccentricities, we does. Basically live music every Wednesday, sometimes good, sometimes crappy.

* I FUCKING HATE ENTRY CHARGES. ENTRY, for fuck's sake. Charging me to come in and spend some more! On principle I avoid each place that charges me entry. Cover, I can deal with, I'm going to spend that much money anyway--but two things happen when you charge entry:
1) all sorts of randoms can come in, and do, because they have the cash, so not much crowd quality control and 2) you wind up feeling cheated and betrayed if whatever the deal is for the night doesn't live up to the money you spent coming in. Windsong Wednesdays has a Rs 500 entry. BOOOO!

* "We don't have Smirnoff," I was told the last time I went, "Only Absolut." So, obviously I drank it like it was liquid gold. WTF, Del Italia, you charge me to come in and then you charge me double for my usual drink?

* Grrr. But the music is often good. So if you're into live music, and pretty people (there are LOADS of pretty people here) and money is no object, then by all means, make this your destination.

Want a place reviewed? Want to review something yourself? Send me an email with the subject line DD review to thecompulsiveconfessorATgmailDOTcom




4 comments:

As the Mind Meanders said...

Cool... we are really prolific now... em's new avataar...

Keep writing mate... I for one am gonna take your recommendations seriously...

And yes, WE ALL HATE ENTRY FEES...

No enigma here. I'm your girl-next-door said...

Will wait for your review of Firangi Paani (vis-a-vis TGIF Fridays) :)

The Doodler said...

umm...I really think it would be easier on readers' eyes if you change the background or the text color..:) Right now, feel blinded with tears starting in my eyes..Please! :)

Anonymous said...

Does entry vs. cover mean something different in Mumbai? Here in North America they mean the same thing, so just curious. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin